Metal square tubing has various benefits that make its use so common in industries and domestic purposes. They are valuable to the industries due to their strength and ability to bear extreme temperatures and pressure. For domestic purposes, square tubes are used in fencing, pipes, appliance, and gates.
Let us have a look at just a few of the many benefits and uses of metal square tubing.
Benefits of Metal Square Tubing
It provides regularity in size, shape as well as tolerance, which makes it a popular choice for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) applications.
Square tubing has a very high tensile strength, which makes it very resistant to extreme temperatures and pressures.
Square tubing requires fewer processes to form as compared to other types of mechanical tubing. Therefore, it can reduce the cost of low budget projects.
It is fire resistant and does not twist, split, or shrink.
Creation of metal structures
You can readily bend, punch, or drill the square tubing to bind it to itself or any other material. These properties of square tubing, make it very easy to build metal structures.
Uses of Metal Square Tubing
Square tubing has many uses in different industries and fields.
- You can use it to make brackets and bases for solar panels and solar racking.
- Used in the manufacturing of many types of construction equipment such as bulldozers, steam rollers, cranes.
- Also used as support structures for the construction of bridges, buildings, towers.
- Manufacturing of frames and bases for truck and trailers, rail cars.
- You can easily use it as a railing along the stairways, as well as entry gates and fencing around yards.
Fort Bend Steel Supply offers high-quality square tubing available in various sizes, gauges, and lengths. To order, call us now on 281-499-5800.